Re: State of the Art

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 07:59:26 -0800 (PST)
To: Chris Beer <chris@codex.net.au>, John Goodwin <John.Goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk>
Cc: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>, Andreas Harth <harth@kit.edu>, "public-locadd@w3.org" <public-locadd@w3.org>
+1 on mergers.

Yes

"But, at the risk of trivializing, what I actually find even stranger is
that at the core, geo is really about two numbers (lat,long) or 3 if you want to add altitude (and yes, even a polygon is just a container of
coordinates)- its not really semantic. Yet we see a lot of effort going
into this nowadays."

I'm pretty sure we've had this "conversation" before ... I won, don't you remember ? :-) ... for anything less than a day you need a Time Zone too or plain old differential equations will knock you out of sync - they are not semantics either.† Sometimes you have to go to great lengths to satisfy volatility addicts and short attention spans ...

http://www.rustprivacy.org/2012/roadmap/oxford-university-area-map.pdf

--Gannon

 From: Chris Beer <chris@codex.net.au>