Re: Question about MARCXML to Models transformation

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Richard Light <richard@light.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I strongly agree with the thought that an entity can be given a URL, and
> thereby you can finesse the need for the "concept is the sum of its
> properties" approach. We will have many similar cases in the museum world,
> where information about an entity of interest (person, place, event, ...)
> will be incomplete, or uncertain, or both. This shouldn't stop us from
> asserting what we _do_ know (or believe).

Thanks Richard, I think this is a very important point. In my opinion,
one of the big challenges the library community faces is being able to
improve things iteratively and collectively, without pinning all its
hopes on the success of big paradigm shifts like RDA, or Linked Data
for that matter. So your advice to start simple is welcome.

//Ed