RE: Question about MARCXML to Models transformation

I half agree. The guiding light for whether something is a WEM or I
isn't necessarily the class name or its definition, it's the sensibility
of properties. WEMI is what it is because the FRBR designers put careful
thought into the property names separating them: "is realized through",
"is embodied in", and "is exemplified by".

For example, this statement "makes sense" to me and I guessing everyone
else (forget FRBR for a second):

"A newspaper editorial is a realization of a opinion."

Is this use of "is a realization of" merely a pun or is its meaning the
same as that found in the FRBR model? I would argue it's the same, which
means (through domain/range settings) that an "Opinion" is a Work
(presumably in the sub-class sense) and "Newspaper Editorial" is an
"Expression" (also in the subclass sense).

These subclass assignments may not be obvious in isolation, but when
used in statements involving properties their nature becomes clearer.

Jeff

Jon