RE: introduction to linked data + library linked data, for catalogers?

From: Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung@oclc.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:25:44 -0500
To: "Young,Jeff (OR)" <jyoung@oclc.org>, "Jodi Schneider" <jodi.schneider@deri.org>, "public-lld" <public-lld@w3.org>
I take that back. Controlled headings and various codes captured in MARC
are convertible to Linked Data URIs with label lookups or added http://
prefixes. LCSH and other authority datasets on
http://id.loc.gov/download/ are an example of this. If MARC catalogers
are using these controlled terms, they're already helping.

Jeff

On