RE: Question about MARCXML to Models transformation

Let's flip "splits" on its head and imagine "merges" instead
(owl:sameAs). Imagine that I create stand-alone W-E-M triads for every
single Manifestation and then I go back and try to "de-dup" them
class-by-class. Which FRBR properties are useful for this purpose, and
which ones are along for the ride?

If that doesn't help, I can try again.

So
> > an
> >>
> >> I agree with this interpretation and provide these RDF examples for
> >> illustration.
> >> (Beware: my "frbr" namespace elements are ad hoc.)
> >>
> >> <expression-1> a frbr:Expression ;
> >>         frbr:isARealizationOf <work-1> ;
> >>         frbr:isEmbodiedIn <manifestation-1> ;
> >>         frbr:isEmbodiedIn <manifestation-2> .
> >> <work-1> a frbr:Work .
> >> <manifestation-1> a frbr:Manifestation .
> >> <manifestation-2> a frbr:Manifestation .

> > another
> >>
> >> Here's what the additional triples would look like:
> >>
> >> <expression-1>
> >>         frbr:hasATranslation <expression-2> ;
> >>         frbr:hasARevision <expression-3> .
> >> <expression-2> a frbr:Expression .
> >> <expression-3> a frbr:Expression .

> without
Group
> 1
Work

> >> I'm willing to go so far as believing it is *impossible* to have an
> >> Expression without a Work because *all* conceivable Expressions
have
> >> creator and subject relationships in theory: even the fictional
> ones.
> >> think we need to beware that FRBR doesn't strive to be a metadata
> >> exchange format, it strives to be a model of common sense reality
> > (more
> >> or less).

> >> Riddle: When is a resource not a resource?
> >> Answer: When the modeler(s) declare it to be a property or set of
> >> properties instead.
> >>
> >> Fortunately, no modeler in history ever had the last word. :-)

> what

> >> The terms "musical work", "cartographic work", and various other
> >> rationalized "foo work" qualifiers imply subclasses of FRBR Work. I
> >> think it's worth attempting.

> >> Likewise, "text expression", "sound expression", "image
expression",
> >> and
> >> other qualifications all imply subclasses of FRBR Expression.

> title)
> >>
> >> My feeling is that some of these "attributes"
(owl:DatatypeProperty)