Re: Is there a vocabulary to describe a Z39.50 interface in RDF?

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 13:48:18 -0700
To: public-lld@w3.org
Like perhaps many on this list, I was hoping someone would jump in
with "Sure, it's right here!" But I guess not. There was a call not
long ago for folks to consider creating vocabularies for common ILS
functions. It seems that this fits into that area and would be very

The big dilemma that I see is how we will keep track of the many
vocabs that are being created so that we don't get people re-inventing
because they don't know what already exists. There needs to be
something like a clearinghouse for LLD-related vocabs, or at least a
hash keyword that we use to make them all retrievable.

Quoting Jakob Voss <jakob.voss@gbv.de>:

> Hi,
> Before creating a new vocabulary... is there an RDF vocabulary to
> describe a Z39.50 interface in RDF? I only found this outdated
> project report:
> http://www-archive.mozilla.org/rdf/doc/z3950.html
> In detail, I would like to describe server, port, character
> encoding, login, and the attribute set.
> I already created another RDF property to point to an SRU base URL:
> http://purl.org/ontology/gbv/srubase
> but it would be wiser to have a shared vocabulary to describe Z39.50.
> Jakob
> --
> Jakob Vo▀ <jakob.voss@gbv.de>, skype: nichtich
> Verbundzentrale des GBV (VZG) / Common Library Network
> Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 G÷ttingen, Germany
> +49 (0)551 39-10242, http://www.gbv.de

Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net
ph: 1-510-540-7596