RE: Records in (L)LD?

As you've described it, CBD would provide optimum generalized data
communication.

Given a Linked Data URI like this:

http://example.org/work/1345

I could imagine CBD Web document URIs like this:

http://example.org/work/12345/cbd (generic document)
http://example.org/work/12345/cbd.html
http://example.org/work/12345/cbd.ttl
http://example.org/work/12345/cbd.rdf
etc.

Including rdf:value/rdfs:labels would be the next logical generalizable
representation (especially if subclasses of rdfs:label were included). I
could imagine URIs that look like this:

http://example.org/work/12345/cbdplus (generic document)
http://example.org/work/12345/cbdplus.html
http://example.org/work/12345/cbdplus.ttl
http://example.org/work/12345/cdbplus.rdf
etc.

Beyond that, the boundaries seem to depend on the domain model and use
cases. I could imagine a profiled boundary like this:

http://example.org/work/12345/profile1 (generic document)
http://example.org/work/12345/profile1.html
http://example.org/work/12345/profile1.ttl
http://example.org/work/12345/profile1.rdf
etc.

An Atom Entry resource could make all of these representations
discoverable and discernable:

http://example.org/work/12345/entry.atom
http://example.org/work/12345/entry.rdf (AtomOwl)

Crawling the cbdplus and profiled representations would be inefficient,
but for interactive use cases they would be handy.

Given all the representation possibilities, it's fair to ask which one
should be delivered by default from an Accept: application/rdf+xml
request to the Linked Data URI. Because profiled representations are so
idiomatic, their discovery should probably be managed through Atom Entry
conventions.

Jeff

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Granularity_of_library_metada