RE: [MODS] Mark Twain Rides Again (was Re: [MODS] MADS/RDF for review)

Dan,

Could you elaborate on making names first class things in FOAF? It’s not clear how this would be preferable to using SKOSXL. For example, this would be legitimate:

ex:person1 a foaf:Person ;

                skosxl:prefLabel ex:label1 .

ex:label1 a skosxl:Label ;

                skosxl:literalForm “Dan Brickley” .

Note that the domain of skoxsl:prefLabel is unspecified and thus does not entail skos:Concept.

I think the umbel:isLike that Antoine suggested is a plausible solution for your “likelySameAs”:

http://www.umbel.org/vocabulary#isLike%20Property (Note you will need to scroll up since the anchor is below the property spec.)

As I noted in my last message, though, I’m not 100% convinced that umbel:isLike is appropriate for reconciling (1) (2) and (3) for the reasons given there.

Jeff