RE: New BNB sample data available

When VIAF merges prefLabels from the various participants, we downgrade
them to viaf:hasEstablishedForm in relation to the VIAF cluster. I took
Antoine's hint this morning and updated the VIAF ontology to make this
property an rdfs:subPropertyOf skosxl:altLabel to improve its
interoperability.

http://viaf.org/ontology/1.1/viafOntology.owl#hasEstablishedForm

Marcia mentioned that in FRSAD, "scheme" is a property of Nomen
(mappable to skosxl:Label) rather than Thema (mappable to skos:Concept).
The rdfs:domain for skos:inScheme is unspecified, so it seems
permissible to go either or both ways in SKOS. VIAF does both.

Jeff

What
> >> it comes down to is that there could be an identified *something*
> >>
> >> http://something.st/aThing
> >>
> >> and I may wish to label that as:
> >> aabbcc
> >>
> >> and someone else may wish to label it as
> >> zzyynn
> >>
> >> But we may want to use the same identifier for the purposes of
> >> interoperability and for efficiency.
> >>
> >> To my mind, SKOS models the traditional thesaurus structure and its
> >> use of a human-readable *identifier* too closely. Like many of the
> >> other aspects that keep the "S" in "SKOS" this one I think will
> limit
> >> its usability in the end.
> >>
> >> kc

> already