Re: New BNB sample data available

Yes, Antoine, those are indicated sometimes, see example
from AAT:
    ID: 300264820
crèches (Christmas) (preferred,C,U,English-P,D,L,PN)
crèches (Noël) (French-P,D,U,PN)
crèche (Christmas) (C,U,English,AD,U,SN)
crèche (Noël) (French,AD,U,SN)
Christmas cribs (C,U,English,UF,U,N)
Christmas crib (C,U,English,UF,U,N)
Nativity group (C,U,English,UF,U,N)
kerststallen (C,U,Dutch-P,D,U,U)
Krippen (C,U,German-P,D,U,PN)
Krippe (C,U,German,AD,U,SN)
presepi (C,U,Italian-P,D,U,PN)

Here the flag means:

"If the language is followed by "P" (as in "English-P") this means that this is the preferred name for the place in that language. Multiple languages may be included for a single name, because one spelling of the name may be preferred in multiple languages. See also Preferred Name above."

 from TGN:
    ID: 7010273
Names:
Sankt-Peterburg (preferred,B,V)    ............     18th century-1914, reinstated in 1991
Saint Petersburg (C,O,English-P,U,N)
Saint Petersbourg (C,O,French,U,N)
St. Petersburg (C,O)
Leningrad (H,V)    ............     from 1924-1991
Leningrado (H,O)
Petrograd (H,V)    ............     used between 1914 & 1923

I hope these examples demonstrate the intention of the point for communities.  I will find other examples if I could. :-)
marcia