A better solution for legacy IDs?

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 10:50:05 -0800
To: public-lld <public-lld@w3.org>
I keep running into the same problem in different projects: we've got
a bunch of legacy identifiers, like ISBNs, PMIDs, OCLC numbers, etc.
It's important to carry them in the linked data that we are creating,
but the maintenance agencies haven't provided them with URIs. That
means we need to keep the base identifier string along with something
that, well, identifies the identifier. I know that BIBO has BIBO:ISBN,
etc., but it's just not going to work to create a separate property
for each one of these, the number of them is too large.

Has anyone developed and published a good "legacy identifier graph"
that we could adopt? If not, would someone like to propose one?

Thanks,
kc

--
Karen Coyle