Re: Next Recommendation: Costs

I don't have an issue with what is proposed here, but it feels like it
addresses the most extreme vision of library adopting linked data practices
- that is baking LD into library data at a low level in terms of metadata
practices.

However, most of the activity I'm aware of with LLD is taking existing
library data and expressing it as LD. I feel that there should be an
analysis of the cost/benefit of this approach as well - winning the argument
'start creating library data as linked data' feels too hard to win outright
and it may be a matter of justifying some incremental steps first?

Owen

--
Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting