Re: Planned changes to the VIAF RDF

From: Svensson, Lars <L.Svensson@dnb.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:09:27 +0200
To: "Mark A. Matienzo" <mark@matienzo.org>
Cc: <public-lld@w3.org>
Mark,

> Actually, these issues are also *incredibly* important when dealing
> with archival description, which focuses heavily on the context in
> which resources were created and used.
>
> An excellent article that describes some aspects of this issue is
> Chris Hurley's "Ambient Functions: Abandoned Children to Zoos"
> (Archivaria 40, 1995) [0][1]. I quote:

thanks for emphasizing this; I think it's a very important aspect.

> I suggest also reviewing some of Daniel Pitti's articles on Encoded
> Archival Context, which is inching toward  "linked data-friendliness"
> (paraphrasing Daniel's words).

Can you help us by providing some pointers?

Thanks and all the best,

Lars

  **** Bitte beachten Sie die neue Internet- und E-Mail-Adresse. ****
  **** Please note my new internet- and email-address. ****

--
Dr. Lars G. Svensson
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek / Informationstechnik

l.svensson@dnb.de