Re: Non- and Partial-FRBR Metadata

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:21:25 -0700
To: Ross Singer <ross.singer@talis.com>
Cc: "Young,Jeff (OR)" <jyoung@oclc.org>, public-lld <public-lld@w3.org>
Quoting Ross Singer <ross.singer@talis.com>:

> You'll notice that in my example I didn't use
> dcterms:hasVersion/isVersionOf, but rather rda:workManifested (which,
> actually, looking more closely at it, doesn't seem right either: "A
> work embodied in a manifestation." with no range -- implying a
> literal?).

Which does not exclude a URI, AFAIK, but essentially there are few
ranges declared in RDA, and some of us think that an application
profile would be the place to create a more specific declaration of
the properties. It may be best to think of the RDA properties as a
base on which actual profiles can be built.

kc

p.s. RDA instructs you to use an identifier (type unspecified) or to
place a citation ("Smith, John. His book. NY, Pub1, 2009") in "linking
fields", that is fields that reference another resource.

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net