AW: P20 case

Hi Antoine,

Since our telecommuting system was down, I only now got your mail, so sorry for answering late: Your sildes were just perfect.

> Among the potential issues, I'm wondering: did you find proper
> vocabularies for every entity an item can be about (persons, companies,
> wares, topics)? Or are you using simple literal values for the moment?

For the folders, which are related to but not identical with the persons or companies they are about, I used self-defined clasess (P20PersonFolder and P20CompanyFolder, subClassOf p20:Folder, subClassOf ore:Aggregation - I didn't find a fitting "Folder" class in the wild). I attached the folder titles as literal values, denominating the person or company the folder is about, e.g. "Marx, Karl; 1818-1883" or "Beiersdorf AG (Hamburg)".

Whereever possible, biograhical folders are linked to the according GND (PND) authority record using good old dcterms:subject. We hope to accomplish this for companies, too (using the GKD part of PND), but that will be a whole lot of work. For subjects and wares the proper vocab is an open issue - maybe simply DBpedia.

Since the relation folder/authority record is a pretty strong one, dcterms:subject is maybe too general. Additionally, further dcterms:subject relations to Dbpedia and VIAF are deduced from the authority record. I didn't find jet an elegant way to express the "priviledged" relation to the authority record. Maybe foaf:primaryTopic would be a better fit? I wonder if others came across the same problem.

Hope this explains the state of work a little more - questions or suggestions are, as always, very welcome.

Cheers, Joachim