Re: Returning to OWL and application profiles

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:47:12 -0400
To: Jon Phipps <jonp@jesandco.org>
Cc: Mikael Nilsson <mikael@nilsson.name>, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, public-lld <public-lld@w3.org>
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Jon Phipps <jonp@jesandco.org> wrote:
> It seems to me that our usual notions of data validation are turned on their head, given the inherent Open World assumption of the RDF data model and the fact that the model is more concerned with 'consistency' than validity

We've done quite a bit of work to give OWL2 a closed world semantic
such that ontologies can be use to validate and process integrity
constraints in RDF and Linked Data.

See these resources for more info:

http://clarkparsia.com/pellet/icv/
http://weblog.clarkparsia.com/2010/04/14/pellet-icv-04-release-using-owl-integrity-constraints-to-validate-skos/
http://weblog.clarkparsia.com/2009/02/11/integrity-constraints-for-owl/

We will submit the specification for this work to W3C as a Member
Submission soon.

Cheers,
Kendall Clark