RE: Returning to OWL and application profiles

mån 2010-10-11 klockan 17:05 -0400 skrev Young,Jeff (OR):
> Mikael,
>
> I think it would be better to encourage the use of owl:subClassOf and
> owl:subPropertyOf to resolve this scenario instead. For example:
>
> General-purpose class:
> foo:Widget a owl:Class .
>
> General-purpose property:
> bar:title a owl:Property .
>
> Limited-purpose domain:
> baz:Widget owl:subClassOf foo:Widget.
> baz:title owl:subPropertyOf bar:title .
>
> Domain-specific cardinalities can be applied to terms in the
> domain-specific ontology without creating general semantic clashes.
> Other limited-purpose domains could do the same.

Yes, that sort of solves the contradiction issue.

But still, if a cardinality constraint is not met, an OWL reasoner is
expected to produce additional statements or infer the equality of some
of the values. This still does not amount to a "record validation" tool,
unfortunately.

/Mikael