From: public-lld-request@w3.org [mailto:public-lld-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of ZENG, MARCIA
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:44 PM
To: public-lld
Subject: FYI: New article on D-Lib: The Strongest Link: Libraries and Linked Data

The Strongest Link: Libraries and Linked Data
Gillian Byrne and Lisa Goddard
 Memorial University Libraries, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador
{gbyrne,lgoddard}@mun.ca<lgoddard%7d@mun.ca>

doi:10.1045/november2010-byrne
http://www.dlib.org/dlib/november10/byrne/11byrne.html

D-Lib Magazine
November/December 2010
Volume 16, Number 11/12
Table of Contents <http://www.dlib.org/dlib/november10/11contents.html>

"This article will outline some of the benefits that linked data could have for libraries, will discuss some of the non-technical obstacles that we face in moving forward, and will finally offer suggestions for practical ways in which libraries can participate in the development of the semantic web. "