Re: AW: SemWeb terminology page

Well, it does avoid some hassles, but in fact it does not answer anymore the initial need, which was to find a label for:
1. things like FOAF, FRAD and other "metadata schemas"
2. things like AAT, LCSH, VIAF and other "value sets"/"vocabulary encoding schemes" (to take DC abstrac model terminology)

For the first RDF vocabulary would be ok, except that they're not always in RDF (yet). Or would that idea for that category be "stuff that would be represented as RDF vocabularies"? It's alright with me, since we're a linked data-oriented group so can afford quite a biased view on the world ;-)

For the second dataset indeed applies to them, but it is perhaps a bit too broad. RDF conversion of bibliographic catalogs would also be datasets. What we wanted to address was this set of reference values to be used for other datasets. Perhaps on linked data this distinction does not operate anymore, from a technical perspective. But it becomes difficult to explain to non-LD people then if we lose all anchoring to their world.
Perhaps we should keep using a less elegant but quite explicit "authorities and KOS resources" as in the topic list [1]--I'd prefer "KOS" as a general umbrella, but I guess it can be confusing to others...

Antoine

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics#CM._Conceptual_Models_and_KOS