Re: frad:Person and foaf:Person

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 02:29:27AM +0900, KANZAKI Masahide wrote:
> I discussed today how to model author's name (in Kanji and in Kana
> etc) with NDL (National Diet Library of Japan) members. Name as a
> thing is very interesting, and needed.

It was Japanese titles, with their use of multiple
representations (eg, yomi) for any given sequence of words,
which provided the motivation for considering a separate
property for title-as-resource, as Mikael mentions earlier
in this thread:

    In DCMI, this was reflected in a proposal for a "parallel" property to
    dc:title, called dc:titleAsText, the value of which would be a resource
    with multiple literal forms (different transcriptions etc.)

    http://dublincore.org/usageboardwiki/TitleProposal

Tom

--
Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>