RE: Incubate best practices

I would think one would need to provide "best practice" on an ontology
by ontology basis.  Using your example, FOAF is one ontology for
describing personal names (foaf:Person), organizations (foaf:Organization),
families (foaf:Group), etc.  SKOS is another ontology to describe these
same concepts.  There probably are others, as well.  I don't think that
its an either or situation, e.g., you should use this or that ontology.
Each ontology has it own community of use and it's useful to target
library data at specific communities.

Andy.