browsing VIAF OWL with the Manchester Ontology browser Re: SemWeb terminology page

On 4 Dec 2010, at 22:25, Karen Coyle wrote:

> Quoting "Young,Jeff (OR)" <jyoung@oclc.org>:
>
>> (Unfortunately, the VIAF ontology is virtually unusable by humans
>> because of stylesheet problems. Sorry.)
>
> There seems to be a fairly common problem with displaying ontologies in human-friendly forms. That's definitely something that has to get ironed out if we want people to actually create instance data. :-)

Agreed!

What about using the Manchester Ontology browser? You can see classes, object properties, data properties, annotation properties, datatypes -- and drill down into them.

Specify an OWL file to visualize here:
http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/browser/
For VIAF, try
http://viaf.org/viaf.owl