RE: SemWeb terminology page

From: Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung@oclc.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 11:34:52 -0500
To: "Antoine Isaac" <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, "public-lld" <public-lld@w3.org>
As an informal term, I don't think "controlled vocabulary" is that bad
from a semantic web perspective. We just have to be careful with the

According to the OWL Web Ontology Language Guide:

"In OWL the term ontology has been broadened to include instance data."

In other words, the semantic web world shouldn't balk at the informal
notion of "controlled vocabulary" as long as they are represented based
on OWL (e.g. SKOS).