RE: SemWeb terminology page

As an informal term, I don't think "controlled vocabulary" is that bad
from a semantic web perspective. We just have to be careful with the
definition.

According to the OWL Web Ontology Language Guide:

"In OWL the term ontology has been broadened to include instance data."
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-guide-20040210/#owl_Ontology>

In other words, the semantic web world shouldn't balk at the informal
notion of "controlled vocabulary" as long as they are represented based
on OWL (e.g. SKOS).

Jeff

An