Re: RDA and ranges - take 2

From: Gautier Poupeau <gautier.poupeau@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:38:36 +0200
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Cc: public-lld@w3.org
Antoine,

- creating a specific datatype (or a class if it is more convenient, as
> Gautier put it) that represents the RDA2.3.2 constraint, and

My remark about class concerns just the property rdavocab:extent not
rdvocab:titleProper.

> - assert that frbr:Manifestation is a subclass of the things that are
> connected to this datatype using the *generic* rdvocab:titleProper (if you
> want the more formal stuff the axiom are documented at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#ValueRestriction). Which implies that all
> instances of rda:Manifestation should have their rdvocab:titleProper fitting
> the datatpye (or the class) that enforces RDA2.3.2.

I totally agree with you. It's the sense of the comment I made on the last
Emmanuelle's blogpost (cf http://figoblog.org/node/1991#comments in french,
sorry). This mechanism is described in OWL 2 too, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-primer/#Property_Restrictions

Cheers,
Gautier

Gautier Poupeau