Application profile idea for subject domains (subtopic from: Re: Open Library and RDF)

Tom and Gordon

<Quote from Gordon>:
>I'd also be willing to work with Marcia (of course :-) on your proposal for a presentation on the subject domains, >which I consider to be the most significant area where libraryland can contribute to linked-data and the core of >the Semantic Web. And libraryland really does need advice and support from ontologyland; I suspect "further >work" is indeed needed.

Gordon

Yes, I will be very happy to work with Gordon and maybe Maja Zumer (co-chair of FRSAR) to prepare this.   On my list of the scenarios which would lead for different application profiles there are two groups: one group is more related with the types of themas for subject domains (for example, art vs. medical vs. business) and another is related to the types of nomens (and relationships) representing themas (for example, in a classification system vs. in a thesaurus).   During the IFLA conference Gordon, Maja, and I met at various time slots and touched some of these scenarios.  However we have not worked on a formal 'template' for application files yet. We will be working on this next month. May come back to you and others for advise.  This maybe a real useful thing for the LLD XG to explore.

Marcia