Re: Open Library and RDF

Hi Tom,

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 03:40:26PM -0400, Young,Jeff (OR) wrote:
> I didn't mean to imply that Creator *should* be modeled as a class name.
> It's more of a comment about naming properties more carefully to avoid
> this confusion.

Okay, I get it.  Hmm, does that mean you would recommend that
maintainers of new vocabularies _not_ follow DCMI's example
in this regard (e.g., dc:creator)...?  What other examples
would you recommend following instead?

It would be nice if someone could pull together examples
of different naming styles -- e.g., creator, hasCreator,
createdBy -- not just for properties but for classes, with
pointers both to existing RDF vocabularies and guidelines
from traditional standards bodies, taking note of practices
for using singular/plural and the like.  What lessons can
be learned from a decade of practice naming things in RDF
vocabularies...?

Tom

--
Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>