Test suite locations

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 10:33:44 -0700
To: W3C JSON-LD Working Group <public-json-ld-wg@w3.org>, JSON-LD CG <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Just to further clarify the disposition of the JSON-LD test suites. Those originally hosted at https://json-ld.org/test-suite, and mirrored at https://github.com/json-ld/tests are obsolete and have been replaced by the versions the JSON-LD Working Group maintains at https://w3c.github.io/json-ld-api/tests/ and https://w3c.github.io/json-ld-framing/tests/. Instructions for running the test suite can be found there.

The https://json-ld.org/test-suite currently redirects there, with a message. The version at https://github.com/json-ld/tests will be archived and marked read-only.

However, there is a good chance that the final test-suite location will be updated off of w3.org prior to PR, as GitHub pages does not allow necessary HTTP headers and content types to be specified.

JSON-LD 1.0 implementations not ready to update to JSON-LD 1.1, can get just the 1.0 versions of tests by filtering on test entries with an option entry marking specVersion: json-ld-1.1. But, of course, all implementations are encouraged to update to JSON-LD 1.1.

We expect the JSON-LD 1.1 specs to move to Proposed Recommendation status, where we will be making an explicit call for implementations shortly. An interim Processor Conformance report can be found at https://w3c.github.io/json-ld-api/reports/.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net