Re: Slides for Berlin Data Workshop

From: Antoine Zimmermann <antoine.zimmermann@emse.fr>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 14:57:26 +0100
To: public-linked-json@w3.org
Le 27/02/2019 à 14:39, James Anderson a écrit :

[skip]

>> In this case, it is using RDF to describe a named graph pair (n,g). This could be thought of as an abstraction of the fact that the URI n has been set up at a certain point in time by someone to return a representation of g when the URI is looked up. In this case, the metadata apply to the association of the URI to the graph, which can have a creation date and so forth.
>>
>> I neither support nor disapprove this interpretation,
>
> but, in any case, this reads as if you agree that interpretations exists, that is, it is a case where rdf has been used to describe an rdf graph.

Again, there are different ways of interpreting the graph name in a
named graph pair (n,g). One option is to interpret n as g. In this case,
one cannot make assertions about different occurrences of the same
graph. It is a problem for metadata. Another option is to interpret n as
(n,g). You can distinguish different occurrences of the same graph on
the Web and describe them separately. There are limitations of this last
approach (how to distinguish between different versions of the graph
document?). Other options exist.

All these options have their use cases. I don't very much support one
over the others.

I hope it's clearer now.
--AZ

--