Re: Changes in Community Group Drafts Targeted for 1.1 · json-ld/json-ld.org Wiki

Hi Kingsley, did you try it on the new development playground: [1]. You should also be able to run it on my own distiller: [2].

The reason the “databaseId” is not transformed is that JSON-LD separates the concept of “document base” and “vocabulary base”. JSON Keys are interpreted as IRIs relative to the vocabulary base, which is not established in the context, so it is dropped. Try adding "@vocab": "http://example/“ to the context:

{"@context":
  {
     "schema": "http://schema.org/",
    "@base": "#",
    "@vocab": "http://example/"
  },
    "@id": "#BrewEats",
    "@type": "schema:Restaurant",
    "schema:name": "Brew Eats",
    "databaseId": "23987520"
}

There is (currently) now way to say that the vocabulary base is the same as the document base, which seems to be what you’re after. Given a suitable syntax, this is something that could be considered for the 1.1 work. Note, this is pretty much the same as Issue #488 [3], addressed in PR #573 [4].

Note that these are all serialization issues; in the case of Turtle and other serializations, relative IRIs are always relative to the document base (although RDFa does have an @vocab attribute), but this was not practical in the design of JSON-LD (at least, as considered in the 1.0 timeframe). As you know, the RDF datamodel does not support relative IRIs, that is an interpretation of concrete serializations.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net

[1] https://json-ld.org/playground-dev/ <https://json-ld.org/playground-dev/>
[2] http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller?command=expand&format=jsonld&output_format=jsonld <http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller?command=expand&format=jsonld&output_format=jsonld>