Re: JSON Pointers, References and Templates

Note that since the JSON Schema / JSON Hyper-Schema project re-launched and
began producing drafts roughly every six months again, we have include JSON
Reference in the JSON Schema Core specification rather than continuing with
it as an outside concept.  That is why the last JSON Reference draft is so
old.

This doesn't mean that someone else couldn't pick up JSON Reference as a
stand-alone specification.  It was just more useful for us to put some
limits on how it is used in the context of JSON Schema, which meant it was
specified enough for our purposes within the JSON Schema Core spec.

Somewhat related: we may be reviving the Relative JSON Pointer proposal,
btw (whether separately or as part of one of our specs is not entirely
clear yet).  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-luff-relative-json-pointer-00

thanks,
-henry

--