Re: Language maps and undefined language

Please consider the I18n group at the W3C on the topic:

   https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-no-language

To excerpt the document:

> Use the subtag zxx when the text is *known to be* not in any language.

> [...] use xml:lang="" <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-lang-tag>,
otherwise use xml:lang="und". These values indicate that we cannot
determine, for one reason or another, what the appropriate language
information is, or whether the text is non-linguistic.

Note that we cannot use "", as noted, because PHP does not support empty
string as the key of a dictionary... and thus we fallback to using "und".

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson
Semantic Architect