RE: Reactivating the CG to work on updated versions of the specs

It is great to see you taking the initiative on this Gregg!

On 30 Sep 2016 at 11:31, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> JSON-LD 1.0 and JSON-LD API 1.0 have been out and successful for many years now.
> JSON-LD has succeeded beyond the wildest dreams of the CG, thanks to broad adoption.

Indeed!

> Additionally, the Framing algorithm [2] has proven to be important, but work on the
> specification was never complete, and implementations have moved beyond what was
> documented in any case.

It is certainly handy but I'm not sure there's agreement on what exactly it should be. Initially it was just (or at least mostly) about re-framing an existing graph... I think what a lot of people (myself included) actually want and need is to query a graph and control the serialization of the result. Maybe we should start with a discussion on the role of framing!?

> I think it’s time to get back to these documents to create a future 1.1 Community Group
> release of the specifications;

1.1 sounds like minor tweaks to the existing official W3C specifications but some of the discussions and proposals I just saw go way beyond that. What do you consider to be in scope for 1.1?

> At this point, I’d be happy to see active engagement on the mailing list to move these issues
> forward; I’m prepared to do the heavy lifting on the specification documents, and to
> maintain tests and my own Ruby implementation to match. Hopefully, other implementors
> and heavy users can actively engage in making this happen (perhaps an hour a week). It may
> be that we’ll want to start up the bi-weekly calls we used to discuss and resolve on these
> issues prior to moving into the RDF WG.

I'd definitely like to help with this but unfortunately my spare cycles are quite limited.

Cheers,
Markus