Stepping down (was: Re: Reactivating the CG to work on updated versions of the specs)

On 09/29/2016 06:31 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> JSON-LD 1.0 and JSON-LD API 1.0 have been out and successful for
> many years now. JSON-LD has succeeded beyond the wildest dreams of
> the CG, thanks to broad adoption.

Thanks for taking up this initiative, Gregg.

I should have done this a long time ago, but with Gregg's push for
JSON-LD 1.1, and JSON-LD 1.0 in production, it's time to make room for
new leadership in this community. I'm stepping down from any leadership
role, real or perceived, I have in this group. It's been a very long
time since I've had the spare cycles to devote to this community and I
apologize for not having done this sooner.

I hope that Gregg and a few others in this community will step forward
and take up the great work that this community has done over the past
several years.

JSON-LD has always been a means to an end for Digital Bazaar; Web
Payments and Verifiable Claims were, and continue to be, our primary
focus. JSON-LD helped us move toward achieving our payments and identity
vision. We will continue to support JSON-LD implementations and hope to
build on the JSON-LD 1.1 work that's done in this group over the next
year or so.

Gregg, you have our support, let us know how we can help.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/rebalancing/