      From: Nathan Ridley <axefrog@gmail.com>
 To: "public-linked-json@w3.org" <public-linked-json@w3.org>
 Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2015 9:57 PM
 Subject: Re: How do I bundle in tangential metadata?

Just thought I'd propose an answer to my own question after studying the two in more depth; HAL is read-only, whereas Hydra is read/write. So if a developer only has simple needs, HAL is much easier to understand and implement. If you want to properly describe an API though, Hydra offers a much richer set of capabilities which make that possible. HAL is not able to cover that use case.