Re: Context Link Header on PUT/POST?

Even though it is not covered by the specs, it does not mean it is illegal,
it just means it is not clearly defined with any standard behaviour.

For instance, ElasticSearch REST API allows you to send a query using GET
with a body in the request - it is supposedly not forbidden by the HTTP
spec, just not commonly done.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-request-body.html

I would agree with the earlier reply, if a client is able to insert such a
Link header in his request, then he should also be able to insert

Or are you considering compatibility with servers who only want to handle
application/json? (which would be free to ignore the Link header)