Re: JSON-LD context file at schema.org - request for feedback

We have similar cases with AS2 with properties that can be optionally
language tagged. The way we handle it is to map two terms to the same ID
with different types. You could do something similar.

{
  "@context": {
    "foo": { "@type": "@id", "@id": "s:foo"},
    "fooPlain": { "@type": "xsd:string", "@id": "s:foo"}