Re: best practices in "reasoning" or "querying" with JSON-LD

Hi Herman,

Maybe a bit silly remark, but why are you not looking at SPARQL?

SPARQL will understand the context part of the JSON-LD as its triple
format. It can generate JSON-LD output for construct or JSON tables
output for select.

Some SPARQL engines have support for geo queries, many have reasoning
support. Either add hoc via rules or in the RDFS/OWL-RL|DL sense.

SPARQL also has the capability to do cross database querying, on the fly
using SERVICE or by having federated systems.

Unlike, Cypher or ReQL it is a standard with multiple implementations.

It is easy to test and play with.
e.g on the command line.

cd /tmp
wget
"http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist/jena/binaries/apache-jena-3.0.0.tar.gz"
tar xzvf apache-jena-3.0.0.tar.gz

cd apache-jena-3.0.0/bin/
./sparql --help

sparql --data URL_OF_SOME_DATA --query URL_OF_A_CONSTRUCT_QUERY | riot
--syntax "turtle" --formatted "jsonld"

Regards,
Jerven

--