Re: create.js

> On 29 Apr 2015, at 18:26, Christoph Dorn <christoph@christophdorn.com> wrote:
>

> I have created a summary of what I have in mind:
>
>  https://gist.github.com/cadorn/6028e90c0d4d9eca514f
>
> Please add your feedback and circulate to the relevant people. It would be great if we can get to a point where we can hold an online meeting to discuss things in more depth.
>
> I could be ready to start work on this after this summer and would like to have a complete understanding of current usage and detailed plan by that time.
>
> I had been planning to implement something like this later this year anyway and would use this opportunity to start with something working and leverage existing communities to get where we want to go faster. I am looking to get an intent to integrate from at least one community (ideally Symfony) so we can get and keep momentum early on.

Can you elaborate further with what you mean with breaking up create.js?
Right now create.js is basically architected to be the connection between VIE.js, various JS editors (hallo.js, aloha.js, etc) and some “MVC” layers (atm backbone.js):
https://github.com/bergie/create/blob/master/bower.json

Vie.js was also generally architected to be quite pluggable:
http://viejs.org

So I am not sure if it really needs additional breaking up but rather bug fixing, some modernizations here and there and most importantly integration with some newer “MVC” frameworks. And finally some new features like i18n, workflows etc.

That being said, Symfony CMF will have a two day hackday starting tomorrow (http://cmf.symfony.com/news/cmf-hackday-may-2015) and I will bring this up. I am quite confident that we would integrate any work that moves create.js forward.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
smith@pooteeweet.org