Re: where to put json-ld context for LDP

On 07/28/2014 01:40 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2014, at 7:12 AM, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> If I understand right, we want a JSON-LD context for LDP.
>>
>> It seems to me it should probably be hosted on w3.org.
>>
>> It seems to me we'll have more of these over the years.
>>
>> Any thoughts on where they should go?
> If the context is part of a JSON-LD encoding of the vocabulary, then retrieving the vocabulary from it's published location with content-negotiation for JSON-LD will also retrieve the context.
>
> If the LDP vocabulary were http://w3.org/ns/ldp, then creating a http://w3.org/ns/ldp.jsonld, which includes the LDP context would service quite nicely; in fact, I would say this is a best practice.
>
> You could then use this in a JSON-LD document such as:
>
> {
>    "@context": "http://w3.org/ns/ldp",
>    "@id": "..."
> }
>
> A JSON-LD processor will set Accept to include application/ld+json, so should retrieve the JSON-LD version of the vocabulary, if content negotiation is property configured.
>
> Note that this now works for http://schema.org/, which is both the vocabulary prefix and the JSON-LD context. If the serve the vocabulary from there, in some form, that would be even better.

Hmmm.   I would have thought the context use in a vocabulary description
document would be a context that was good for describing vocabularies.
But now you're saying it should actually be one that's good for
describing whatever the vocabulary describes.  How do we make this
work?  Do we have the context include stuff not needed by LDP?  Do we
have the LDP namespace document be written so that it doesn't actually
make any use of the context provided?   Do we use multiple contexts?

(Someday I'll get over my frustration at the use of the word "context"
to mean "data mapping" or "json-ld config".  Someday.)

       -- Sandro