Re: SPARQL and JSON-LD

On 1/21/14 4:42 AM, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Markus Lanthaler:
>> Have a look at https://openrdf.atlassian.net/browse/SES-1998 Apparently someone already started working on it :-)
> That is the kind of information I was looking for ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas

Andreas,

You are looking for SPARQL query results serialization in JSON-LD? If
so, I assume this is for CONSTRUCT and DESCRIBE queries? If so, then I
think you need to be aware that DBpedia (major Linked Open Data hub) and
Virtuoso (the RDF supporting DBMS behind DBpedia) have long supported
JSON-LD results formats [1] for the aforementioned Query Types.

When dealing with SELECTs, the results format is a tabular
representation, and in this case you have XML or JSON representations
[2]. What isn't offered is a JSON-LD based self-describing SPARQL result
which is a consequence of this not really being part of the SPARQL spec.
That said, we implemented Turtle, RDF/XML, and N-Triples support
ourselves, and will simply add JSON-LD support for completion, in due
course.

Links:

[1]
http://dbpedia.org/sparql?default-graph-uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org&query=describe+%3FConcept+where+%7B%5B%5D+a+%3FConcept%7D+LIMIT+100&format=application%2Fx-json%2Bld&timeout=30000&debug=on
-- example of a DESCRIBE query against the DBpedia SPARQL endpoint that
returns a JSON_LD based description of an entity denoted by an HTTP URI

[2]
http://dbpedia.org/sparql?default-graph-uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org&query=select+%3FConcept+where+%7B%5B%5D+a+%3FConcept%7D+LIMIT+100&format=application%2Fsparql-results%2Bjson&timeout=30000&debug=on
-- JSON based tabular result for a SELECT query .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO