RE: Default @type

On Monday, August 11, 2014 10:25 PM, David Janes wrote:
> Thanks! This is something I think I need, but there's a lot to
> digest here!

Great. Yeah, there's quite a bit and unfortunately the spec isn't fully up to date at the moment. So, in case you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them directly to public-hydra@w3.org.

Cheers,
Markus

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
On Monday, August 11, 2014 5:47 PM, David Janes wrote:
> Hail Hydra! (sorry - too many Marvel movies in my life).
:-)

> More seriously: I'm not familiar with Hydra. Link?
Oops. My bad sorry. You can find more information about Hydra at

  http://www.hydra-cg.com/

The thing I was talking about is the Hydra Core Vocabulary:

  http://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/core/

A small vocabulary for the creation/description of Web APIs.

Btw. CG in the domain stands for Community Group as Hydra is being developed in a W3C CG [1] which I would like to invite you to join if Hydra is of interest to you:
  http://www.w3.org/community/hydra/

Cheers,
Markus

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
On Friday, August 08, 2014 5:10 PM, David Janes wrote:
> Thanks everyone, that's what I figured.
>
> If you're interested, here's what I'm doing with JSON-LD. TL;DR
> using it to semantically describe sensor data (and actuator actions)
> https://iotdb.org/social/imadeit/post/94151721526/make-your-data-semantic-using-json-ld-and-iotdb
This is completely off-topic, but have you considered using Hydra to describe how actions supported by the various actuators can be invoked from an HTTP perspective?