RE: JSON Schema (json-schema.org) support?

Hi Thomas

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:51 PM, Thomas Hoppe wrote:
> Say I have a JSON schma backed address resource like this:
>
>  {
>    "id": "123",
>    "street": "Street",
>    "postcode": "000",
>    "city": "Somecity",
>    "country": "DE",
>    "latitude": 0,
>    "longitude": 0
>  }
>
> And that it's schema is  https://meta.example.de/schemas/address
>
> I would suggest to enrich it with the following
> to make it a JSON-LD document with a reference to a JSON schema:
>
>  {
>    "@context": {
>      "@vocab": "https://meta.example.de/schemas/"   <-- Prefix IRI for
rest of the node
>    },
>    "@id": "123",
>    "@type": "address",                              <-- Node-type
[...]
> I make use the schema's URI as an IRI of the node type.
> This should be valid as to my best knowledge, JSON-LD does not
> mandate what to be expect if node type is dereferenced (correct me if
> I'm wrong). What do you thin about this approach?

Yes, this is syntactically correct. The question however is why you would do
something like that? The URLs don't dereference (you would need a # at the
end instead of a /) and even if they would, what would a client be supposed
to do with the retrieved schema? Are you just trying to link the document to
the schema? Have you considered to use an HTTP Link header instead?