Re: Test suite permanent location

On Sep 6, 2013, at 7:06 AM, Sandro Hawke <sandro@hawke.org> wrote:

> On 09/06/2013 09:44 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 04, 2013 6:02 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>>> No sorry, that's where you're redirected when you go to edit the page
>>> (which I did to update the test-suite location), and I didn't notice
>>> that I had been redirected. It's fine the way it is as a URL.
>>>
>>> We could simply have that redirect to http://json-ld.org/test-suite/,
>>> as we've decided that's where the tests should permanently live; no
>>> need to go through a wiki page. We can always update that with a link
>>> to the implementation report when we're ready.
>> If that's OK from the W3C's perspective I'm fine with doing that. CC'ing
>> Sandro to find that out.
>
> As long as the test suite used to get through CR is clearly linked and available forever within w3.org, I think it's okay to have the ongoing/maintained test suite be elsewhere.
>
> I suggest a page like www.w3.org/2013/json-ld-tests explain this and have links to both, and it be linked from the specs.

This is a different standard than we used for RDFa. The RDFa tests are generated automatically, due to the lardf number of variations, and there is a web-based test runner. The RDFa test suite lives permanently at rdfa.info/tests. Perhaps Ivan or Manu recall what the rational for this was.

If we were to do as Sandro suggests, we would copy the json-ld.org/test-suite/tests under the w3c page, put the manifest in the same (test parent) directory, and instruct testers to assume a base of http://json-ld.org/test-suite/tests/ as the implicit base option. We should then actually test using this, to verify that it tests properly. There also may be some .htaccess configuration needed in addition to what's in those files right now.

Gregg