Re: GSoC Final Project Deadlines

It's reasonable, but pretty shallow, and certainly doesn't follow the best practices of Linked Data. For example, it shows that Wikia is one of companies I work for, but just has a blank node with name "Wikia". Looking at the returned JSON from LinkedIn, though, there's enough information to create an actual IRI for it. Looking at the returned JSON, I see the following for positions:

   "positions": {
      "_total": 15,
      "values": [{
        "company": {
          "id": 157252,
          "industry": "Internet",
          "name": "Wikia",
          "size": "51-200 employees",
          "type": "Privately Held"
        },
        "id": 291520813,
        "isCurrent": true,
        "startDate": {
          "month": 6,
          "year": 2012
        },
        "summary": "Adding structure to wikis.",
        "title": "Linked Data Consultant, Advisory Board member"

This is enough to link to the company, and provide some context for the work I've done with them. At the least, I would create an @id referencing the Wikia profile. This would just be <http://www.linkedin.com/company/157252>, which you can figure out given that it is a "company" position, and has an id. Same would hold for other references, such as education.

Also, the "owns" information isn't too useful. It like your setting a type of <http://schema/url>, which is a property, not a type. And your using the account URL as the name and throwing the name away. For example, the following:

{
  "@type": "url",
  "name": "http://www.kellogg-assoc.com"
}