RE: Testing documentLoader and missing documentation for RemoteDocument

On Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:13 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
 >>> [[[
> > Processor
> > documentUrl in
> is
> > used
> of
> > directly.
> documentLoader
> >>
> >> Using the contextUrl instead of the link header doesn't address the
> >> interaction of the contextUrl with the expandContext option. Either the
> >> option overrides the link header or contextUrl, or they are both used,
> >> in some order.
> >
> > Why not? The expandContext option is handled in step 4, nothing needs to
be
> > changed there. In step 5, instead of looking at the HTTP Link header
> > directly, the contextUrl is used (as the processor doesn't have access
> > the HTTP response anyway). So they are both used, the first
expandContext
> > then contextUrl. Do you think that needs further clarification?
>
> You're right, this does make it clear.

OK, I've added the text to the spec:

https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/commit/e642063dc06214a78206b0fa1dea04
6dada4a468

[...]
> We agreed to add a useDocumentLoader option and have an implementation
> provide a document loader to use if this option is specified. This
> allows us to test the normative requirements defined for the
> documentLoader; the test ensures that an implementation properly
> handles the results or exception based on a documentLoader behaving as
> described.

Right, but JSON-LD implementations are not required to implement the
documentLoader option - only JSON-LD processors (implementations that also
implement the specified API). Thus I proposed to simplify it by moving it
directly into idltest.