Re: Quality output check on my microdata 2 JSON-LD tool

On Oct 13, 2013, at 4:49 PM, Ka-Sing Chou <ka-sing@quantumspork.nl> wrote:

> Dear Gregg Kellogg,
>
> For the last couple of days I have been busy with creating a tool to convert webpages with microdata to JSON-LD. You can find this tool via this url: https://www.seoprovider.nl/content/microdata2jsonld/
> However, I haven't had the time to tidy it up the layout, but if you copy paste the output to JSON-LD playground, I think it will look pretty neat. (don't forget to copy paste the context to the context section of the playground).

That's great!

> Anyway... my main question: "Is the output correct or do I miss something?"

One way to know, is that if you follow the general recommendations of the microdata to RDF specification [1], you should generally be able to translate microdata to RDF. Since JSON-LD is a serialization of RDF, this will show give you an idea if you're conforming at this level. There is a test-suite [2] you could use to take the generated JSON-LD and turn it into RDF and then see if it matches the test output.

The other way you could do this is to just use the playground, or some other tool, to translate your generated JSON-LD into Turtle and visually compare output of different microdata sources; the examples from schema.org are the relevant ones.

> Input: https://www.seoprovider.nl/seo-diensten/snelheid-en-semantische-optimalisatie/
> JSON-LD output: https://www.seoprovider.nl/content/microdata2jsonld/?url=https://www.seoprovider.nl/seo-diensten/snelheid-en-semantische-optimalisatie/
>
> For now all the @id's are the same as the input URL, but do you think I have to be more specific on the @id's by providing the correct URI's that targets a specific ID object?

I'm not sure in particular what your asking here, but in general the output looks pretty good.

Great job!

Gregg

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/microdata-rdf/
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/htmldata/raw-file/default/microdata-rdf/tests/index.html