RE: Google adds JSON-LD support to Gmail

On Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:48 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
> A couple of points on this:
> 1. We (Google) can parse this if written @context="http://schema.org"
> and we'll find a way to document that.

Would it be possible to document that as the preferred way of doing it? I think most people just copy and paste that part anyway so it wouldn't really matter in my opinion. You can still continue to support "schema.org" but suggest people to use "http://schema.org"

What actually worries me much more is that there isn't a context a http://schema.org. Even if I do a GET and accept only application/ld+json I get back an HTML page. Will that be fixed?

> 2. We'd also like to start a conversation about allowing the simpler,
> shorter form by defaulting to http:// if not present.

We could certainly do that but that would mean that we would lose the ability to use relative URLs to reference contexts which I think is very handy for a large number of use cases.