Re: Node.js tool for RDFa -> JSON-LD transformation

On Mar 30, 2013, at 03:16 , Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com> wrote:

> Very cool!
>
> As you know, my RDFa implementation in the RDFa-lab (which also runs
> on Node and in the browser) [1] directly generates expanded JSON-LD.
> I've then used your jsonld.js (with the framing stuff pruned) on that,
> e.g. in combination with the Connect algorithm in the lab.
>
> Another thing I've used for a while is RDFLib (Python), combined with
> rdflib-jsonld and the "rdfpipe" commandline tool (from RDFExtras) to
> do something very similar (rdfpipe can handle most RDF formats in and
> out):
>
>    $ curl -L http://w3id.org/payswarm/v1 -o /tmp/payswarm-v1.jsonld
>    $ rdfpipe -irdfa http://recipes.payswarm.com/?p=10554
> -ojson-ld:context=/tmp/payswarm-v1.jsonld

As an aside: do you think it would be possible to add the json-ld serializer into the core RDFLib distribution soon? For the time being, as you know, I use my own json-ld serializer in pyRdfa, but I have not really done anything with it lately, and I am not even sure it is up to date. I would really prefer to rely on a core module...

Thx.

Ivan

> (Something it it goes wrong when fetching the remote context, so I had
> to use a local copy. Alas, I haven't had time to work on rdflib-jsonld
> for quite some time now.)
>
> And recently (as in 3 hours ago), the Swedish legal information system
> I built (in Java/Groovy) [2] was updated to use an up-to-date JSON-LD
> context. This system actually consumes legal information published in
> RDF/XML or RDFa now (over Atom), and among other things funnel
> extracted JSON-LD into ElasticSearch. See e.g. [3] and [4] (but note
> that the new context isn't deployed yet).
>
> Cheers,
> Niklas
>
> [1]: https://github.com/niklasl/rdfa-lab
> [2]: https://github.com/rinfo/rdl/tree/develop
> [3]: http://rinfo.lagrummet.se/publ/sfs/1736:0123_1/konsolidering/1736-01-23
> [4]: http://service.lagrummet.se/publ/sfs/1736:0123_1/konsolidering/1736-01-23/data.json
>

> On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>> bcc: RDFa WG, RDF WG
>>
>> Dave Lehn and Dave Longley just put together a tool that's pretty rough
>> around the edges, but really helpful for those trying to:
>>
>> * Transform RDFa to JSON-LD
>> * Normalize JSON-LD/RDF Datasets to NQuads
>> * Transform JSON-LD to compact, expanded, normalized, or flattened form
>>
>> To install the tool, do the following (you will need git, nodejs, and
>> npm installed):
>>
>> git clone https://github.com/digitalbazaar/jsonld.js.git
>> cd jsonld.js
>> npm install
>>
>> To compact a document on the Web using a JSON-LD context published on
>> the Web:
>>
>> ./bin/jsonld compact
>>  -c "http://w3id.org/payswarm/v1"
>>  "http://recipes.payswarm.com/?p=10554"
>>
>> That will read in a PaySwarm Asset and Listing in RDFa 1.0 format (using
>> Green Turtle by Alex Milowski), convert it to JSON-LD expanded form,
>> compact it using the 'http://w3id.org/payswarm/v1' context, and dump it
>> out to the console in compacted form.
>>
>> ./bin/jsonld normalize -q "http://recipes.payswarm.com/?p=10554"
>>
>> That will read in a PaySwarm Asset and Listing in RDFa 1.0 format,
>> normalize the data using the RDF Dataset normalization algorithm, and
>> then dump the output to normalized NQuads format. The NQuads can then be
>> processed via SHA-256, or similar algorithm, to get a deterministic hash
>> of the contents of the Dataset.
>>
>> The implementation is up-to-date with the RDFa and JSON-LD specs. The
>> tool still needs quite a bit of tweaking, but it's a pretty powerful
>> demonstration of many of the things this community has been building
>> over the past several years.
>>
>> -- manu
>>
>> --
>> Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny, G+: +Manu Sporny)
>> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
>> blog: Google Summer of Code 2013: RDFa, JSON-LD, Web Payments
>> http://digitalbazaar.com/2013/03/12/gsoc/

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153