Open Annotation / Default Context Location?

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:23:10 -0700
To: public-linked-json@w3.org
Dear all,

As a very happy community group editor and co-chair, I just wanted to
join and thank you for your hard work on the JSON-LD spec! In the Open
Annotation community group we recommend a default serialization using
JSON-LD, rather than RDF/XML, in order to make it easier for browser
based systems to consume and process annotations on web resources.
With a default context node and an embedded node pattern, the
resulting serialization looks exactly like what you would expect if it
was native non-rdf JSON :)

The community group: http://www.w3.org/community/openannotation/
And the current spec:  http://www.openannotation.org/spec/core/
(the JSON-LD info is in the Publishing module)

One issue that has come up is where to maintain the default context.
It's not a namespace or ontology, so doesn't quite fit in the
w3.org/ns/ space. We don't have a /TR/ as we're a community group like
yourselves.  We could use a PURL (purl.org, w3id.org, etc) as the URI,
but that just adds hops that processors need to resolve.
Is this something that could be addressed in this community group, at
least as far as a request to the W3C as to how to proceed?  I imagine
that it will be a common occurrence as JSON-LD implementations become
more prevalent.

Many thanks,

Rob Sanderson