Re: iCalendar and vCard in JSON(-LD?)

There is a vCard in RDF document:

http://www.w3.org/Submission/vcard-rdf/

and, afaik, Renato wants to referesh it, too.

JSON-LD is an RDF serialization. Ie, putting the RDF representation into JSON-LD does not need a new standard...

There has been discussion on iCalendar in RDF, too:

http://www.w3.org/wiki/RdfCalendarDocumentation

although, somehow, the community never came around to have something as clearly described as vCard in RDF. But the same thing hold: any RDF vocabulary can be described in JSON-LD, so there is no need for a new standard in my view...

Ivan

On Feb 13, 2013, at 06:42 , Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> You might be interested in the following discussion over at IETF's
> apps-discuss:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg08873.html
>
> The are about to form a WG to standardize iCalendar and vCard in JSON. I
> think that would be another nice use case for JSON-LD.
>

> --
> Markus Lanthaler
> @markuslanthaler

----